Roe Boulevard progress
- All lanes south of 51st St are open to all traffic. There will be daily lane closures for some remaining work
- Capital Electric is currently installing streetlight poles south of 55th St. They intend to have all street lighting in place & operational by the end of next week south of 51st St, weather permitting
- Contractor has completed 85% of the curb & sidewalk north of 51st St
- Concrete piers have been installed for the traffic signals at Roe Ln & 50th Terr. Contractor plans to begin installation of traffic signals in the next 2-3 weeks
- Lowes Entrance on westside of Roe is now open to traffic
48th Street & Roe blvd closures
Please read the below traffic control plan outlining the detour routes in and around 48th St and Roe Blvd. The contractor anticipates that these closures will last up to 2 weeks, weather permitting:
- Southbound traffic on Roe Blvd that needs to access 48th St eastbound will be detoured to 51st St, then east to Buena Vista, north to Elledge Dr, then west to Roe Lane, then back north to access 48th St or County Line Rd. Traffic will also be detoured heading westbound on 47th St at Roe Lane.
- Motorists that need access to northbound Roe Blvd can go southbound on Roe Lane to Roe Blvd. PLEASE NOTE –Southbound travel on Roe Lane to Roe Blvd will allow right turns only at Roe Blvd to travel northbound onto Roe Blvd. Vehicles needing to travel south on Roe Blvd from Roe Lane will need to take an alternate route.
- Traffic needing to access southbound Roe Blvd from 47th St will be detoured at Roe Ln. Traffic will need to go southbound on Roe Ln. Motorists will need to turn eastbound onto Elledge Dr from Roe Lane to Buena Vista, then southbound on Buena Vista to 51st St, then westbound on 51st St to Roe Blvd.
- Please also note that a sign will be placed south of 51st St on the east side of the road stating that 48th St eastbound will be closed and will direct traffic to use 51st St.
Please click this link for a map of closings.